You are Free to Reuse my fictional characters found in my ebooks, wiki articles, audio content, or any media what I create,–as long as you accept these guidelines. These guidelines play an important role when reusing my fictional characters for your books what you’re writing. To be safe; you must comply with these licenses specified per each fictional character what I’ve created, and freely licensed them under a Creative Commons license below each post.
Things To Consider
When reusing my fictional characters for your book; your book itself must be licensed under a Creative Commons license too,–via a same version of Atribution ShareAlike license version 4.0, or higher. This is necessary to help keep yourself from violating these licenses displayed below.
You should Always provide a credits page,–so you can keep track of which characters you have reused from my character repository. If you don’t have a credits page set for your book, be sure to set one up. You may mention your sources where you retrieved my character for reuse.
To ensure if you’re getting my characters from my wiki, be sure to look for wiki.fairiesdreamsfantasy.com first to confirm if you’re at the right location.
A Note About Publishing Ebooks To Certain Book Vendors who Sell Subscription Services:
Some ebook vendors use controversial copy-protection schemes that will automatically apply DRM, or remove content as a purpose to keep unauthorized reused content off their sites. If this is the case; provide them information why your content should NOT be placed under technological measures. Provide attachments to let them know further.
If your ebook is trademarked, but you wanted to reuse any of my characters; you might need to place a disclaimer somewhere in your book. But it’s strongly NOT recommended to place my characters in your book that contains your places, and fictional characters that are strictly trademarked. This scheme constitutes copyfraud… my characters are designed to be reused via a trademark-free content.
Follow these instructions thoroughly. This is important for your safety:
- Go to wiki.fairiesdreamsfantasy.com; and brows the Wiki Content Index. You may use the search box to directly find a character that you want to reuse. You can go to any category to find a specific character type.
- Read the Wiki Article about this character. Check the license below, and view it in the new window.
- Close the tab, and return to the article. Copy the address bar with the url.
- On a word editing program; navigate to the Credits section, and type
[Character Name Goes Here] [URL Goes Here] licensed under a Creative Commons Atribution ShareAlike 4.0 international license: [license URL goes Here]. Replace Bracketted text with exact information. Use the table system to help your organize credits when editing your book.li>
- If you were adapting my character to your other works, please state it at the credits area. You may send me your copy of your ebook,–so I can assist you with your project.
What To Do?
- Do keep your credits readable via large print.
- Do keep your content DRM-Free!
- Do check if my characters are legitimately licensed. Is you see something… say something.
- Don’t let corporate fraudsters defraud your content.
- Link back to the wiki as a safety countermeasure.
What NOT to Do?
Never claim intellectual property of my characters as your own. That constitutes copyfraud, and you’ll be liable for damages, or worse.
Never use my characters in restrictively trademarked worked by a greedy corporation, entity, individual, or company.
Never sublicense this character.
Never apply copy-protection.
Never launder licenses under any circumstances.